- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups flour
- 1-tablespoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- ½ teaspoon cream of tarter
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup softened butter
- 2/3-cup milk
- Stir together flour, baking powder, sugar, cream of tarter, and salt.
- Cut in butter till mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Make a well in the center.
- Add milk all at once; stir till moistened.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface.
- Quickly knead dough by gently folding and pressing dough 10 to 12 strokes or till nearly smooth.
- Pat dough to ½-inch thickness.
- Cut dough with a biscuit cutter or the top of a glass.
- Place biscuits 1 inch apart on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake in a 450-degree oven for 10 to 12 minutes or till golden.
- Remove biscuits from baking sheet and serve hot.
- Makes about 8 biscuits.
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew Judson
Heart Healthy Recipes from The HUB at UW-Milwaukee
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2014See More
All American Sloppy Joes
Crab With Ginger And Scallions
BLT SandwichSee More