- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups flour
- 1-tablespoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- ½ teaspoon cream of tarter
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup softened butter
- 2/3-cup milk
- Stir together flour, baking powder, sugar, cream of tarter, and salt.
- Cut in butter till mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Make a well in the center.
- Add milk all at once; stir till moistened.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface.
- Quickly knead dough by gently folding and pressing dough 10 to 12 strokes or till nearly smooth.
- Pat dough to ½-inch thickness.
- Cut dough with a biscuit cutter or the top of a glass.
- Place biscuits 1 inch apart on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake in a 450-degree oven for 10 to 12 minutes or till golden.
- Remove biscuits from baking sheet and serve hot.
- Makes about 8 biscuits.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Halloween Easy Eerie Edibles
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy FoodSee More
Prickly Pear Margarita
Creamy Candy Bar Dessert
Hector's HurricanesSee More