- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1lb ground buffalo
- 1 ounce hot breakfast sausage
- 1 hamburger bun, soaked in milk
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 or 7 basil leaves, chopped
- a couple shakes dry parsley
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 can tomatoe sauce (or your own marinara sauce)
- olive oil for browning and a little to coat hands while rolling.
- Fresh mozzarella balls (optional), cut to fit inside the meatball after they are rolled. (bigger ball, bigger piece of cheese)
- Combine all ingredients, except mozzarella and tomatoe sauce.
- Mix with fingers until fully combined.
- Put a little olive oil on one hand and roll balls to desired size.
- I roll into approximately golf ball size, pushing a piece of cheese in the middle and rolling to cover it.
- Brown in olive oil, approx 1 minute per side.
- Pour one can of tomato sauce or your personal marinara preference.
- Simmer 30 minutes until meatballs are cooked and still moist.
NotesAfter thawing ground buffalo for burgers, I realized I was hardly in the mood for that for dinner. So I thought I'd experiment making meatballs. No recipe, just some experience with rolling meatballs at a local Italian deli in high school.
Use with spaghetti or subs. We like open faced subs, with cheese on top and the bread toasted.
Angel Acres Soup & Chili Cookbook
Best of Eva's Family Recipes
Forever FOMO Cures: Photo & Cookbook from your Israeli FamilySee More
Vanilla Caramel Nut Ice Cream Pudding (with salted caramel and hot chocolate sauce)
Candy Cane Fudge
Pancit PalabokSee More