- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1lb ground buffalo
- 1 ounce hot breakfast sausage
- 1 hamburger bun, soaked in milk
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 or 7 basil leaves, chopped
- a couple shakes dry parsley
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 can tomatoe sauce (or your own marinara sauce)
- olive oil for browning and a little to coat hands while rolling.
- Fresh mozzarella balls (optional), cut to fit inside the meatball after they are rolled. (bigger ball, bigger piece of cheese)
- Combine all ingredients, except mozzarella and tomatoe sauce.
- Mix with fingers until fully combined.
- Put a little olive oil on one hand and roll balls to desired size.
- I roll into approximately golf ball size, pushing a piece of cheese in the middle and rolling to cover it.
- Brown in olive oil, approx 1 minute per side.
- Pour one can of tomato sauce or your personal marinara preference.
- Simmer 30 minutes until meatballs are cooked and still moist.
NotesAfter thawing ground buffalo for burgers, I realized I was hardly in the mood for that for dinner. So I thought I'd experiment making meatballs. No recipe, just some experience with rolling meatballs at a local Italian deli in high school.
Use with spaghetti or subs. We like open faced subs, with cheese on top and the bread toasted.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.
Easy Homemade Salad Dressings
Simple Homemade FavoritesSee More
Salmon & Spinach Pesto Pasta
Antipasto for Kids (Gluten-Free)See More