- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 lbs cubed bison meat
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled
- 6 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 (8 ounce) can peeled tomatoes
- 1 (12 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 cup water (if needed)
- Brown meat in small amount of oil in large frying pan, then add onions and cook until golden. Put in crock pot, add tomato sauce, carrots, peeled tomatoes, seasonings and cover.
- Cook in crock pot for 4 hours on high. Add potatoes and 1/2 cup water, if needed. Cover and cook 3 hour on low heat.
- For a variation: transfer mixture to a baking dish and top with rich biscuits. Place in hot oven at 425-F until biscuits are toasty brown.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Jean’s Recipe File
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"
Healthy Blender Recipes: Vegan Drinks, Shakes & SmoothiesSee More
Pineapple-Black Bean Enchiladas
Mascarpone Brownies With Honey Chocolate Sauce
Chicken RollupsSee More