BITE-SIZE HK-STYLE SAUSAGE BUN
- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Bread Flour //240g
- All-Purpose Flour // 60g
- Sugar // 30g
- Salt // 1/4tsp
- Dry Yeast // 1+1/4tsp
- Milk // 160g
- Egg // 30g
- Butter // 30g
- [Mixing & Kneading] In a large bowl, combine everything except butter. Beat until well blended using a stand mixer with a dough hook attachment. Add in butter and knead until dough is smooth and elastic.
- [First Rise] Shape into a ball. Place dough in a greased bowl, and turn once. Cover, and let rise in a warm place until x2.5 in size. Punch the risen dough down completely.
- [Dividing] Divide in the size you like and shape them into balls. (For stuffed bun, divides into 9 doughs, around 60 g each; for dinner roll, divides into 12 doughs, around 45g each). Cover, and let rest for 15-20 minutes.
- [Shaping] Sausage bun: Roll each dough into long strip. Roll the strip around the sausage diagonally.
- Stuffed bun: Roll dough into flat round piece, spoon some shredded cheese and taper ends)
- Cheese bun: Roll dough into long rectangle. Sprinkle shredded cheese and roll it up. Moisten edge with water and seal. Taper ends. Place each shaped doughs on a baking sheet or in a pan.
- [Final Rise] Let the dough rise until doubled in size. Brush egg wash or milk on the top of each dough.
- [Baking] Preheat to 390F, bake for 12-15 minutes.