- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time:
- 2 tablespoons coarse-ground black pepper
- 2 beef steaks (rib roast or rib eye roast), about 1 pound (450g)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 tablespoons (60 cc) mirin
- 2 2/3 tablespoons (40cc) soy sauce
- 3 buckwheat leaves (or cress leaves) for garnish
- Pat the coarse-ground black pepper onto both sides of the beef until the meat is well coated.
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan, add the garlic, and saute until fragrant.
- Add the meat and cook until browned on both sides.
- Add the sugar, mirin, and soy sauce, and cook until the liquid thickens and coats the meat.
- Cut the meat into bite-sized cubes and arrange on a serving dish.
- Garnish with the buckwheat or cress leaves.
NotesSource: Japanese Dishes for Wine Lovers
by Machiko Chiba and J.K. Whelehan
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!
Cooking with THE HOLMES SISTERS Volume 1 "As seen on 3ABN"
'CHEF' the Film Cookbook: Recipes from El JefeSee More
Grilled Chicken and Orange Skewers with Zucchini Rice
Endive Rhubarb Salad
COTTAGE CHEESE BRUNCH BLINTZESSee More