- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time:
- 2 tablespoons coarse-ground black pepper
- 2 beef steaks (rib roast or rib eye roast), about 1 pound (450g)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 tablespoons (60 cc) mirin
- 2 2/3 tablespoons (40cc) soy sauce
- 3 buckwheat leaves (or cress leaves) for garnish
- Pat the coarse-ground black pepper onto both sides of the beef until the meat is well coated.
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan, add the garlic, and saute until fragrant.
- Add the meat and cook until browned on both sides.
- Add the sugar, mirin, and soy sauce, and cook until the liquid thickens and coats the meat.
- Cut the meat into bite-sized cubes and arrange on a serving dish.
- Garnish with the buckwheat or cress leaves.
NotesSource: Japanese Dishes for Wine Lovers
by Machiko Chiba and J.K. Whelehan
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
Jean’s Recipe FileSee More
Rich Chocolate Pecan Pie
Cheesy Stuffed Baked Ziti
GREEN BEAN CASSEROLESee More