- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time:
BackstorySource: Japanese Dishes for Wine Lovers
by Machiko Chiba and J.K. Whelehan
- 2 tablespoons coarse-ground black pepper
- 2 beef steaks (rib roast or rib eye roast), about 1 pound (450g)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 tablespoons (60 cc) mirin
- 2 2/3 tablespoons (40cc) soy sauce
- 3 buckwheat leaves (or cress leaves) for garnish
- Pat the coarse-ground black pepper onto both sides of the beef until the meat is well coated.
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan, add the garlic, and saute until fragrant.
- Add the meat and cook until browned on both sides.
- Add the sugar, mirin, and soy sauce, and cook until the liquid thickens and coats the meat.
- Cut the meat into bite-sized cubes and arrange on a serving dish.
- Garnish with the buckwheat or cress leaves.
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy Food
Berks Catholic PTO Fall 2015 Recipe Auction
The Cookbook to Defy Disease and Decay - Your Prescription to an Anti-Inflammatory LifeSee More
Oreo Dessert (Cookies & Cream)
Homemade Baking PowderSee More