- Cooking Time: 30
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 30
- ¼ cup (½ stick) unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1 teaspoon butter, for greasing ramekins
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- ¼ cup all purpose flour
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 cup milk
- 3 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 4 large egg whites
- 4 small squares cacao (64%)
- Confectioner’s sugar, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Generously butter four 1½-cup ramekins.
- In a bowl, beat the egg yolks.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the milk and sugar and warm over low heat until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the flour, turn heat to low and stir continuously for 2-3 minutes. Using a whisk, gradually add the milk mixture and then the chocolate. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Add the chocolate mixture to the egg yolks, stirring well.
- In another bowl, beat the egg whites with an electric mixer until they form stiff peaks.
- Using a spatula, fold the egg whites into the chocolate mixture.
- Spoon into the individual ramekins and place a square of cacao into the center of each.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the centers are set and the cacao squares are fully melted.
- Sift confectioner’s sugar over each soufflé. Serve immediately with a scoop of green tea ice cream.
NotesSo delectable you’ll want to have two each!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Holiday Dessert Cookbook
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette StarbuckSee More
pistachio cranberry icebox cookies
Teeny Tiny Italian Meat-loaves
Mom's Holiday Stove Top StuffingSee More