- Cooking Time: 14
- Servings: 72
- Preparation Time: 45
- 1 cup shortening
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 ½ tsp. BUENO® Anise Seed
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 3 cups unbleached flour
- 1 ¼ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ cup brandy or water
- 1 ½ tsp. ground cinnamon mixed with 3/8 cup sugar
- Cream shortening. Mix in sugar and anise.
- Blend in beaten egg and honey.
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt together. Add to creamed mixture alternately with brandy. Work into a ball. Chill.
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Knead and roll out on floured surface to about 1/16 to ⅛ inch thick.
- Cut by cookie cutter. Roll top of each cookie in cinnamon-sugar mixture.
- Place on cookie sheets covered with tinfoil. Bake at 350º for 12 to 14 minutesor until golden brown.
- When cookies are hot, dip again in cinnamon-sugar mixture.
NotesThe traditional Christmas cookie of New Mexico with a hint of cinnamon and a pinch of anise.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
Angel Acres Christmas Dinner Cookbook!
'CHEF' the Film Cookbook: Recipes from El JefeSee More
Ensalada Tibia con Nueces
Bibi's Cheese FlanSee More