- Cooking Time: 14
- Servings: 72
- Preparation Time: 45
- 1 cup shortening
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 ½ tsp. BUENO® Anise Seed
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 3 cups unbleached flour
- 1 ¼ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ cup brandy or water
- 1 ½ tsp. ground cinnamon mixed with 3/8 cup sugar
- Cream shortening. Mix in sugar and anise.
- Blend in beaten egg and honey.
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt together. Add to creamed mixture alternately with brandy. Work into a ball. Chill.
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Knead and roll out on floured surface to about 1/16 to ⅛ inch thick.
- Cut by cookie cutter. Roll top of each cookie in cinnamon-sugar mixture.
- Place on cookie sheets covered with tinfoil. Bake at 350º for 12 to 14 minutesor until golden brown.
- When cookies are hot, dip again in cinnamon-sugar mixture.
NotesThe traditional Christmas cookie of New Mexico with a hint of cinnamon and a pinch of anise.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Koken met Oma
The Real Deal Apple Recipes.
Halloween Easy Eerie EdiblesSee More
Zucchini Spice Cake with Lemon Sauce
Rob’s Sugar Cookies modified from allrecipes.com
Stromboli WrapsSee More