BLACK & WHITE TOFFEE BARS
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened (or use 1/4 cup butter and 1/4 cup vegetable shortening
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1cup (6-ounce package) NESTLE TOLL HOUSE Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- 1 cup (6-ounce package) White chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped toffee candy such as Almond Rocca
PREHEAT oven to 375° F. Grease 9-inch-square baking pan.
COMBINE flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Beat sugar, butter and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. Beat in egg; gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in morsels and chopped toffee. Spread into prepared baking pan.
BAKE for 20 to 23 minutes. Remove pan to wire rack. Cool completely in pan on wire rack; refrigerate for 5 to 10 minutes or until chocolate is set. Cut into bars