- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 19-21 oz. package fudge brownie mix
- 1 10-12 oz. package white baking pieces
- 1Â½ cup semisweet chocolate pieces
- Â¼ cup butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons hot water
- 2 cups sifted powdered sugar
- Â¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¾ cup chocolate pieces (I like dark chocolate, but it's really up to you)
- Preheat oven to 350º. Grease the bottom of a 13"x9"x2" baking pan; set aside. Prepare brownie mix according to package directions. Stir in half of the white baking pieces and the 1Â½ cup semisweet chocolate pieces. Spread the batter in the prepared baking pan.
- Bake about 30 minutes or until center is set. Sprinkle with the remaining white chocolate baking pieces; bake for 1 minute more. Cool in pan on a wire rack.
- For frosting, in a small bowl combine butter and hot water; stir in powdered sugar, cocoa powder, and vanilla. Beat by hand until smooth. Spoon over top of brownies. Sprinkle with the Â¾ cup chocolate pieces. Cool about 1Â½ hours or until frosting is set. Cut into bars. Makes about 36 brownies.
- Lightly coating chocolate pieces in flour will help them stay evenly distributed in the brownie batter.
NotesThis is another one I got from my mom (with some additions from me). I haven't tried it yet, but when I do, I'll be sure to post a picture!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
MetroCooking DC 2013
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
MidLife Road Trip'sSee More
Picnic Chicken SaladSee More