- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstorySo good summer salad. Always a hit everywhere I bring it!
- 1 Large Can Black Beans
- 2 Tbs. Chili Powder
- 1 tsp. Cayanne Pepper
- Salt to taste
- 1 – 2 Cups Chopped roma tomatoes
- 1 Cup Frozen Corn
- 1 Bunch Green Onions
- ¼ Cup Olive Oil
- Juice of 1 Lime
- Handful diced cilantro
- 2 Chopped Avocados
- Combine the spices in a small bowl and set aside.
- Drain and rinse the Black Beans. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the chopped tomatoes, corn, green onions, oil, lime, cilantro. Mix together coating the veggies with the oil and lime juice.
- Add the spices and mix to coat the veggies. Taste the tomatoes and adjust spices to taste.
- Add the Black beans and mix. Taste and adjust spices again if needed.
- Add the cilantro and chopped avocado – mix carefully (so the avocado doesn’t break up.
- Let the salad sit for at least ½ hour so that the corn thaws. Serve with tortilla chips.