- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 Large Can Black Beans
- 2 Tbs. Chili Powder
- 1 tsp. Cayanne Pepper
- Salt to taste
- 1 – 2 Cups Chopped roma tomatoes
- 1 Cup Frozen Corn
- 1 Bunch Green Onions
- ¼ Cup Olive Oil
- Juice of 1 Lime
- Handful diced cilantro
- 2 Chopped Avocados
- Combine the spices in a small bowl and set aside.
- Drain and rinse the Black Beans. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the chopped tomatoes, corn, green onions, oil, lime, cilantro. Mix together coating the veggies with the oil and lime juice.
- Add the spices and mix to coat the veggies. Taste the tomatoes and adjust spices to taste.
- Add the Black beans and mix. Taste and adjust spices again if needed.
- Add the cilantro and chopped avocado – mix carefully (so the avocado doesn’t break up.
- Let the salad sit for at least ½ hour so that the corn thaws. Serve with tortilla chips.
NotesSo good summer salad. Always a hit everywhere I bring it!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Babette's Test Kitchen
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy Food
KITCHEN CAUCUS Conservative CreationsSee More
Dark chocolate truffle tart with flax seeds
Khatta Meetha Karela
Roasted Butternut Squash SoupSee More