- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups frozen corn, thawed, drained
- 3 cans 15 oz each, black beans, divided
- 3 lg eggs
- 3 cups toasted fresh breadcrubs (french is best)
- 1 cup red pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup green onion (4 to 5), chopped
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp cayene pepper
- salt, pepper, etc
- 4 tbsp vegetable oil
- top with salsa, sour cream, avocado slices
- Puree 2 cups black beans with eggs in processor until smooth. Transfer to large bowl. Stir in remaining beans, corn, 2 cups breadcrumbs, and next 10 ingredients.
- • Shape mixture into twelve ½ inch thick patties, using about ½ cup mixture for each.
- • Transfer patties to baking sheet. (Can be prepared 4 hours ahead. Cover and chill)
- • Coat black bean cakes on both sides with remaining breadcrumbs. You can flavor these breadcrumbs with dried herbs, chili powder or a little red pepper.
- • Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat.
- • Add black bean cakes to skillet; cook until golden brown, about 3 minutes per side.
- • Transfer to plates. Serve topped with salsa, sour cream and avocado slices.
- These are great as appetizers or as a side dish.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and Appetisers
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSW
Driscoll's Berry DessertsSee More
Cocktail (The V)
Angel Acres Feel Better Chicken Noodle Soup
Twisted Shirley TempleSee More