- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cans black beans
- 6 Tb. flour
- Tabasco or other hot sauce
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1-2 roasted red peppers (from jar), julienned
- Sour cream
- Salt & pepper
- Canola oil
- Rinse beans thoroughly and place in a bowl. Mash with a fork, leaving some beans whole. Add flour, red pepper, chopped scallions, Tabasco (adjust to your taste - I like it hot so I add a lot), salt and pepper. Mix together and then form into patties about the size of the palm of your hand and not too thick.
- Heat canola oil in large frying pan until very hot. Place some of the cakes in the frying pan but be sure not to crowd the pan. Brown on one side and then flip to the other side (a few minutes per side) until both are a little crispy. To keep them warm while frying in batches, place on a sheet pan in a 300F oven.
- Top with sour cream and scallions. Makes approximately 8 cakes.
NotesI got this recipe from Katie Brown. It is a great side dish or a vegetarian main dish!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Baby Food: Baby's First Solid Foods
Koken met Oma
Family and Friends Starter CookBookSee More
Roasted Pepper Potato Soup
Oven Crispy FriesSee More