- Cooking Time: 25
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 10
BackstoryDid you know that sweet potatoes are rich in vitamin A?
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- ¼ lb chorizo sausage chopped
- ⅓ lb cooked ham
- 1 lb onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 lbs sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 lg red bell pepper
- 1 (#10 can) diced or stewed tomatoes
- 1 hot green chile pepper
- 1 quart water
- 1 (#10 can) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 mangoes, peeled, seeded and diced
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- ¼ tsp salt
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat, and cook the chorizo and ham 2–3 minutes.
- Place the onion in the pot, and cook until tender.
- Stir in garlic, and cook until tender, then mix in the sweet potatoes, bell pepper, tomatoes with juice, chile pepper, and water.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 15 minutes, until sweet potatoes are tender.
- Stir the beans into the pot, and cook uncovered until heated through.
- Mix in the mango and cilantro, and season with salt.
Kale Yeah It's Good...No Meat Necessary
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
Babette's Test KitchenSee More
Mascarpone Brownies With Honey Chocolate Sauce
Red Snapper Livornese
Beer Cheese in a Bread BowlSee More