- Cooking Time: 25
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 10
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- ¼ lb chorizo sausage chopped
- ⅓ lb cooked ham
- 1 lb onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 lbs sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 lg red bell pepper
- 1 (#10 can) diced or stewed tomatoes
- 1 hot green chile pepper
- 1 quart water
- 1 (#10 can) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 mangoes, peeled, seeded and diced
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- ¼ tsp salt
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat, and cook the chorizo and ham 2–3 minutes.
- Place the onion in the pot, and cook until tender.
- Stir in garlic, and cook until tender, then mix in the sweet potatoes, bell pepper, tomatoes with juice, chile pepper, and water.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 15 minutes, until sweet potatoes are tender.
- Stir the beans into the pot, and cook uncovered until heated through.
- Mix in the mango and cilantro, and season with salt.
NotesDid you know that sweet potatoes are rich in vitamin A?
Family and Friends Starter CookBook
Healthy Blender Recipes: Vegan Drinks, Shakes & Smoothies
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie ChallengeSee More
CHOCOLATE COVERED CHERRY COOKIES
Tomato & Sweet Pepper SalsaSee More