- Cooking Time: 0
- Servings: 14
- Preparation Time: 15
- 1 can (8 ounces) pineapple slices in juice, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup canned pimentos, diced
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 1 can (4 ounces) diced green chiles
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 chipotle pepper, puréed and strained*
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin seed, toasted**
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- * Use 1 pepper from canned chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, if available.
- ** To toast, place seeds in a small skillet. Roast on medium heat for about 30 seconds, shaking the skillet, until the spice smells roasted and pops.
- Grill pineapple slices on gas or charcoal grill until slices have brown grill marks, turning once.
- Cut into 1/2-inch dices.
- In a large bowl, combine pineapple with remaining ingredients except salt and pepper; mix well.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
NotesServe with any grilled meat.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skin
Sharing Christmas with Friends
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"See More
Peppermint Crumb Squares
Chicken with Green Olives
Festive Candied YamsSee More