- Cooking Time: 15
- Servings: 4-6
- Preparation Time: 5
- 1 onion (or 2-3 green onions), chopped
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 can of black bean, rinsed and drained (or 1 cup of dried beans, cooked and rinsed)
- 1-2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1 Tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 cup of fresh cilantro or basil
- Juice of 1 lime, to taste
- 1) In a medium pot, sauté onions in olive oil for about 5 min. Sprinkle with salt and black pepper. Add tomatoes and continue sauteing for 3 or 4 minutes.
- 2) Add beans and cook for another 5 minutes.
- 3) Turn off heat and add the remaining ingredients.
- 4) If you want a smooth dip, you can blend the whole mixture in a food processor.
NotesA simple recipe where make into a smooth dip or eat as is and use in your mexican wrap. The bean recipe, if not blended into a dip, can also be served with rice.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2013
My Family CookbookSee More
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies
Peanut Butter Chocolate and Banana Chip Cookies
NO-BAKE CHEESECAKE PETIT FOURSSee More