- Cooking Time: 15
- Servings: 4-6
- Preparation Time: 5
- 1 onion (or 2-3 green onions), chopped
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 can of black bean, rinsed and drained (or 1 cup of dried beans, cooked and rinsed)
- 1-2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1 Tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 cup of fresh cilantro or basil
- Juice of 1 lime, to taste
- 1) In a medium pot, sauté onions in olive oil for about 5 min. Sprinkle with salt and black pepper. Add tomatoes and continue sauteing for 3 or 4 minutes.
- 2) Add beans and cook for another 5 minutes.
- 3) Turn off heat and add the remaining ingredients.
- 4) If you want a smooth dip, you can blend the whole mixture in a food processor.
NotesA simple recipe where make into a smooth dip or eat as is and use in your mexican wrap. The bean recipe, if not blended into a dip, can also be served with rice.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Babette's Test Kitchen
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community CookbookSee More
Easy Chocolate Tart
Black Bean And Corn QuesadillasSee More