- Cooking Time: 45
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 25
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small can green chilies, diced
- 2 (15 oz) cans black beans, drained
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon salt or Adobo seasoning
- 2 pie shells, unbaked
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- Heat oil in large pan. Add onion and green pepper, and saute until tender. Add chilies, beans, salsa, and seasonings. Bring to a boil, lower heat and simmer 10 minutes.
- Place unbaked pie shell in deep dish pie pan. Sprinkle 1/3 of the cheese mixture on bottom. Pour in 1/2 of the bean mixture. Top with 1/3 of cheese, and pour in rest of beans. Cover with remaining cheese and pie shell. Cut vents in top crust.
- Place into oven and bake 45 minutes, or until pie crust is golden brown. Allow to cool for a few minutes before slicing and serving.
NotesI've made this a few times and it never disappoints. Black beans with the melted cheese and the flaky pie crust, it makes such a winning combination. This recipe is super easy, and can also be premade and frozen. I got the recipe from 28 Cooks
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"
Angel Acres Christmas Dinner Cookbook!
Cooking with THE HOLMES SISTERS Volume 1 "As seen on 3ABN"See More
Ensalada Tibia con Nueces
Bibi's Cheese FlanSee More