- Cooking Time: 45
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 25
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small can green chilies, diced
- 2 (15 oz) cans black beans, drained
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon salt or Adobo seasoning
- 2 pie shells, unbaked
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- Heat oil in large pan. Add onion and green pepper, and saute until tender. Add chilies, beans, salsa, and seasonings. Bring to a boil, lower heat and simmer 10 minutes.
- Place unbaked pie shell in deep dish pie pan. Sprinkle 1/3 of the cheese mixture on bottom. Pour in 1/2 of the bean mixture. Top with 1/3 of cheese, and pour in rest of beans. Cover with remaining cheese and pie shell. Cut vents in top crust.
- Place into oven and bake 45 minutes, or until pie crust is golden brown. Allow to cool for a few minutes before slicing and serving.
NotesI've made this a few times and it never disappoints. Black beans with the melted cheese and the flaky pie crust, it makes such a winning combination. This recipe is super easy, and can also be premade and frozen. I got the recipe from 28 Cooks
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Holiday Dessert Cookbook
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
The NourishFull KitchenSee More
Chinese New Years Sticky Rice Cake
Mushroom Barley Soup
Billy's Vanilla, Vanilla CupcakesSee More