- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 24
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryHere's a twist on the usual salsa and chips...
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup green onions, chopped and include the green tops
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, snipped
- 2 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 giant garlic clove, pressed or chopped finely
- 1 can (15 ounce) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 pkg (11.5 oz) refrigerated cornbread twists
- 1. Combine tomatoes, cilantro, green onions, and garlic.
- 2. Add lime juice to mixture.
- 3. Add beans, salt, pepper, mix gently. Cover and refrigerate 1 to 2 hours to blend flavors.
- 4. Serve on warm bread.
- optional**Can add 1 cup whole kernel corn, drained.
- Cornbread Slices
- 1. Preheat oven to 400F.
- 2. Lightly spray cornbread slices with non stick spray.