- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/2 cups Dried Black beans
- 8 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 med onion, diced
- 1/2 med red pepper, diced
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 tbsp jalapeño, chopped
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 sml bay leaf
- 1 tsp thyme
- 9 cups chicken broth
- white pepper
- chopped fresh cilantro
- Soak beans overnight in cold water at room temp.
- Cook bacon until golden brown, and tansfer to small bowl.
- Use 1 tbsp fat and all but 2 tbsp bacon (for topping), add onion, pepper, garlic, red pepper, chile, oregano, bay leaf, and thyme; saute until onion soft.
- Add beans, chicken broth and beans; cook covered until tender - about 2 to 3 hours. discard bay leaf and stir in cilantro. Serve topped with sour cream, cilantro and reserved bacon.
Classic Chocolate Recipes Elevated
Gluten-Free - Making do with what you got!
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.See More
Vanilla Caramel Nut Ice Cream Pudding (with salted caramel and hot chocolate sauce)
Candy Cane Fudge
Pancit PalabokSee More