- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/2 cups Dried Black beans
- 8 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 med onion, diced
- 1/2 med red pepper, diced
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 tbsp jalapeño, chopped
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 sml bay leaf
- 1 tsp thyme
- 9 cups chicken broth
- white pepper
- chopped fresh cilantro
- Soak beans overnight in cold water at room temp.
- Cook bacon until golden brown, and tansfer to small bowl.
- Use 1 tbsp fat and all but 2 tbsp bacon (for topping), add onion, pepper, garlic, red pepper, chile, oregano, bay leaf, and thyme; saute until onion soft.
- Add beans, chicken broth and beans; cook covered until tender - about 2 to 3 hours. discard bay leaf and stir in cilantro. Serve topped with sour cream, cilantro and reserved bacon.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Secret Life of Bees: Cooking Your Way Through College
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.See More
Oatmeal-cranberry Chocolate Chip Cookies
Chicken with Roasted Lemon & Rosemary SauceSee More