BLACK BEAN AND CORN SALAD
Black Bean and Corn Salad
- 1 15 oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 14 oz, can corn, drained or 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- black-bean-and-corn-salad1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced (wear gloves when handling with the jalapeno peppers)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon sherry vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
1. Combine the beans, corn, bell pepper, and jalapeno pepper in a large bowl.
2. In a smaller bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lime juice, vinegar, honey, cumin, and salt and pepper.
3. Add the dressing to the bean mixture.
4. Garnish with chopped cilantro and serve
No need to fret about bean flatulence since the cumin, in addition to being a flavor enhancer, contains gas-reducing enzymes which aid in reducing intestinal discomfort that beans tend to cause.
This great take-a-long salad can make an excellent pot luck dish, or a great main dish. The longer it marinates, the tastier the salad.