- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 ear of corn or 4 servings of frozen corn
- 1/2 of a 15-ounce can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup of onion, chopped. You could use red, white, green, or a combo of them (I like red and white ones mixed).
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 tbsp. lime juice
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Tortilla chips
- If you are using fresh corn, heat the grill to medium-high heat.
- Remove the silk from the corn but leave the husks intact.
- Grill the corn for about 12 minutes or until it is tender.
- After allowing the corn to cool, remove the husks and scrape the kernels off the corn.
- If using frozen corn,just cook the corn according to the package directions. Allow to cool.
- Place the corn kernels in a non-reactive bowl.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well to combine.
- Allow to stand for 30 minutes to 1 hour so the flavors can mix.
- Enjoy with tortilla chips.