BLACK BEAN AND CORN SALSA
- 1 ear of corn or 4 servings of frozen corn
- 1/2 of a 15-ounce can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup of onion, chopped. You could use red, white, green, or a combo of them (I like red and white ones mixed).
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 tbsp. lime juice
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Tortilla chips
If you are using fresh corn, heat the grill to medium-high heat.
Remove the silk from the corn but leave the husks intact.
Grill the corn for about 12 minutes or until it is tender.
After allowing the corn to cool, remove the husks and scrape the kernels off the corn.
If using frozen corn,just cook the corn according to the package directions. Allow to cool.
Place the corn kernels in a non-reactive bowl.
Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well to combine.
Allow to stand for 30 minutes to 1 hour so the flavors can mix.
Enjoy with tortilla chips.