- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 c olive oil
- 5 L onions, chopped
- 1/4 c instant espresso powder
- 1/4 c chili powder
- 1/4 c ground cumin
- 1/4 c dried oregano leaves
- 2 (28 oz) cans crushed tomatoes
- 1/3 c honey
- 6 garlic gloves
- 7 (15 oz) cans black beans, drained
- 2 c water
- 2 t salt
- 1/4 t ground chipotle chili powder
- Large pinch of ground cinnamon
- Heat oil in heavy large pot over medhi heat. Add onions and saute until tender, about 8 minutes. Mix in espresso powder, 1/4 c chili powder, cumin, and oregano. Cook 1 minute. Mix in tomatoes, honey, and garlic. Bring to simmer. Reduce heat to med-lo, cover, and simmer 30 minutes.
- Add beans, 2c water, 2t salt, chipotle chile powder, and cinnamon. Bring to boil over high heat. Reduce heat to med and simmer uncovered until mix thickens slightly, stirring often, about 30 minutes. Season to taste with more salt.
Angel Acres Thanksgiving Dinner Cookbook!
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!See More
Gluten Free Gingerbread Cupcake with Browned Butter Butter Cream Frosting
Cinnamon Blueberry Crumble
Mrs. Jackson’s Grits – “Selma”See More