- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups chopped white onions
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tablespoons minced bell pepper
- 2 Tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 cups cooked/canned, drained black beans
- 4 Tablespoons lime juice
- 1 cup pitted and chopped, fresh, ripe mango
- lime wedges
- chopped green onions
- chopped fresh cilantro
- Heat oil in a large frying pan.
- Add onions, garlic, bell pepper, ginger, and cumin and sauté until onions are soft, about 3 minutes.
- Turn heat to low and add beans and lime juice. Sauté for 5 more minutes or until beans are heated.
- Add the mango and stir and mash for 5 more minutes.
- Serve immediately.
- Garnish with lime wedges, chopped green onions, and fresh cilantro.
NotesI served this with chicken (for my husband)/baked tofu (for me) over quinoa.
I also turned some leftovers into a chowder by adding diced tomatoes, corn and potatoes.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Lau Family Recipes
Camp Nubar Baking Class
Gluten-Free - Making do with what you got!See More
Edamame and Radish Slaw
Lisa Lovegood's Butterbeer Cake
Rustic Whole Wheat Garlic & Herb PizzaSee More