- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 large carrot, peeled or scrubbed, chopped
- 1 stalk of celery, sliced
- 2 large cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 medium potato, peeled, diced
- 2 cups beef or chicken broth
- 1 28oz tin, diced tomatoes
- 4-6 oz lean kielbasa sausage, cubed
- 1 19oz tin black beans, or your favorite canned beans
- Heat large pot with low fat cooking spray. Add onion, carrot and celery; cook and stir over medium heat until vegetables begin to soften.
- Stir in garlic, oregano, potato, broth and tomatoes; heat to boiling. Stir in Kielbasa. Cover and simmer gently for at least 1/2 hour to blend flavours.
- Drain and rinse beans. Add to soup. Heat until hot. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve with crusty bread. (Even better the next day)
- You can prepare it ahead for a gathering and instead of simmering for 1/2 hour, put it in your crockpot on low and add the beans. By the time you are ready to eat (try to make it at least a half an hour) it will be ready to go. Great for potluck as it only gets better the longer it sits.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cooking with THE HOLMES SISTERS Volume 1 "As seen on 3ABN"
Oliver & Grandson's Cajun and Southern Creations
MetroCooking Texas 2013See More
Zucchini Spice Cake with Lemon Sauce
Rob’s Sugar Cookies modified from allrecipes.com
Stromboli WrapsSee More