- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1-2T olive oil
- 2c chopped onions
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 6c peeled diced sweet potatoes (1/2" pieces)
- 1 jalapeno, minced
- 1T coriander
- 1T cumin
- 1t salt
- 1c frozen corn kernels
- 1 1/2 c black beans (15 oz can, drained)
- splash of water or OJ
- dash of salt
- cayenne or hot pepper sauce
- Heat oil in large, deep, nonstick skillet. Add onions and saute on medium heat, stirring occasionally, until they begin to soften. Stir in garlic, cook for a few seconds, then add sweet potatoes. Cover the skillet and cook for 3 minutes. Add jalapeno, coriander, cumin, and salt; then use spatula to turn potatoes, cover, and cook for another 3 minutes. Add corn and black beans, cover, and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 2. If potatoes are still too firm, add a little water or OJ, cover, and cook on low heat until potatoes are tender. Add salt and stir in cayenne or hot pepper sauce to taste.
- 3. Serve topped with minced scallions or chopped cilantro, or sour cream.
Breads and Breakfasts: Bakin' Without Eggs...or Dairy!
The Best of GlutenFreeHappyTummy!
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)See More
Best Mediterranean Baked Stuffed Chicken
Melt Your Heart Pizza
Paleo Flank Steak with Chimichurri SauceSee More