- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1-2T olive oil
- 2c chopped onions
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 6c peeled diced sweet potatoes (1/2" pieces)
- 1 jalapeno, minced
- 1T coriander
- 1T cumin
- 1t salt
- 1c frozen corn kernels
- 1 1/2 c black beans (15 oz can, drained)
- splash of water or OJ
- dash of salt
- cayenne or hot pepper sauce
- Heat oil in large, deep, nonstick skillet. Add onions and saute on medium heat, stirring occasionally, until they begin to soften. Stir in garlic, cook for a few seconds, then add sweet potatoes. Cover the skillet and cook for 3 minutes. Add jalapeno, coriander, cumin, and salt; then use spatula to turn potatoes, cover, and cook for another 3 minutes. Add corn and black beans, cover, and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 2. If potatoes are still too firm, add a little water or OJ, cover, and cook on low heat until potatoes are tender. Add salt and stir in cayenne or hot pepper sauce to taste.
- 3. Serve topped with minced scallions or chopped cilantro, or sour cream.
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy BlogSee More
Black and White Cupcakes
Peanut Butter and Jelly Cupcakes
Barbecued BeefSee More