- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1-2T olive oil
- 2c chopped onions
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 6c peeled diced sweet potatoes (1/2" pieces)
- 1 jalapeno, minced
- 1T coriander
- 1T cumin
- 1t salt
- 1c frozen corn kernels
- 1 1/2 c black beans (15 oz can, drained)
- splash of water or OJ
- dash of salt
- cayenne or hot pepper sauce
- Heat oil in large, deep, nonstick skillet. Add onions and saute on medium heat, stirring occasionally, until they begin to soften. Stir in garlic, cook for a few seconds, then add sweet potatoes. Cover the skillet and cook for 3 minutes. Add jalapeno, coriander, cumin, and salt; then use spatula to turn potatoes, cover, and cook for another 3 minutes. Add corn and black beans, cover, and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 2. If potatoes are still too firm, add a little water or OJ, cover, and cook on low heat until potatoes are tender. Add salt and stir in cayenne or hot pepper sauce to taste.
- 3. Serve topped with minced scallions or chopped cilantro, or sour cream.
Gluten-Free and Delicious
The Best of Brock: Celebrating 85 Years of Cooking
'CHEF' the Film Cookbook: Recipes from El JefeSee More
Vanilla Caramel Nut Ice Cream Pudding (with salted caramel and hot chocolate sauce)
Candy Cane Fudge
Pancit PalabokSee More