- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 pound 99% fat-free ground turkey or 4% ground beef
- 1 jar of Herdez salsa
- 2 cups Reduced fat Pepper-Jack shredded cheese
- 1 tsp minced Garlic
- 1 can Black Beans
- A few shakes of Chipotle Tabasco Sauce
- 1 tsp Cumin
- a few sprinkles of Cayenne
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 8 Cubanelle Peppers
- For the Filling:
- Sautee the turkey until cooked completely. Add Black Beans, Salsa, Garlic, Cumin, Alt, Peper, Cayenne and Tabasco.
- For the Peppers:
- Clean Peppers and lay them on thier sides. Slit them from the top almost all the way to the bottom, being careful not to cut all the way through. Take out ribs and seeds from the pepper. Then coat the peppers with olive oil or extra virgin coconut oil and plenty of salt. Then broil them on both sides for a few minutes just to get them nice and soft with a little color. Watch so they don't burn! Take them out when they are soft, then stuff 'em. Sprinkle with cheese and broil until bubbly and crispy on top.
NotesThis is a great South Beach side dish that I came up with. It has all the great taste of a traditional stuffed pepper without the rice! This recipe is great for phases 1-3 of the diet!
Second Grade Holiday Cookbook
Delicious Recipes Made Easy
$30 Wine+Food PairingsSee More
Gluten Free Gingerbread Cupcake with Browned Butter Butter Cream Frosting
Cinnamon Blueberry Crumble
Mrs. Jackson’s Grits – “Selma”See More