BLACK BEAN AND TURKEY "FUSION" BURGERS
- Cooking Time: 15
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 15
- 1 lb. lean ground turkey
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 egg white
- 1 Tbls. soy sauce
- 1 Tbls. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbls. sriracha
- 2 cloves roasted garlic
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 egg white
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- Greek yoghurt
- 1/2 cup red onion, plus one slice per burger
- In a chopper or food processor, add beans, onion, garlic, seasonings, and sauces. Pulse until smooth.
- In a large bowl, add turkey, egg white, and bean mixture and blend with an electric mixer until well combined.
- Add panko crumbs 1/4 cup at a time and mix until the mixture holds together and is not too wet.
- Shape into six equally sized patties. Grill for about 6 minutes per side or until cooked through.
- Serve on whole wheat buns with reserved onion slices, greek yoghurt, and lettuce and tomato.
NotesThese burgers are so versatile and full of good for you ingredients. We call them fusion burgers because the recipe includes ingredients that are typically found in Asian, American, Greek, and Mexican cuisines. The combination makes for a pretty powerful punch of flavor!
p.s. You can use the left over bean mixture as a fantastic dip or spread!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!
Secret of the Wings Cookbook
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skinSee More
Puff Daddy Pancake
Pumpkin-Cream Cheese Streusel Pie
Tossed Salad With Oil And Vinegar DressingSee More