- Cooking Time: 15
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 15
- 1 lb. lean ground turkey
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 egg white
- 1 Tbls. soy sauce
- 1 Tbls. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbls. sriracha
- 2 cloves roasted garlic
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 egg white
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- Greek yoghurt
- 1/2 cup red onion, plus one slice per burger
- In a chopper or food processor, add beans, onion, garlic, seasonings, and sauces. Pulse until smooth.
- In a large bowl, add turkey, egg white, and bean mixture and blend with an electric mixer until well combined.
- Add panko crumbs 1/4 cup at a time and mix until the mixture holds together and is not too wet.
- Shape into six equally sized patties. Grill for about 6 minutes per side or until cooked through.
- Serve on whole wheat buns with reserved onion slices, greek yoghurt, and lettuce and tomato.
NotesThese burgers are so versatile and full of good for you ingredients. We call them fusion burgers because the recipe includes ingredients that are typically found in Asian, American, Greek, and Mexican cuisines. The combination makes for a pretty powerful punch of flavor!
p.s. You can use the left over bean mixture as a fantastic dip or spread!
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy FoodSee More
Mama Mia ... Lentils Italian Style
Gabriola Clam Chowder
Gen's Vegetable Love PizzaSee More