- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1T veg oil
- 1c chopped onions
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 t salt
- 1t cumin
- 12 oz amber beer (like Dos Equis)
- 2t brown sugar
- 1 1/2 c cooked pinto beans (15oz can, rinsed and drained)
- 1 3/4 c canned tomatoes with juice, chopped (14.5 oz can)
- 2-3T chipotle adobo sauce
- 2t soy sauce
- 1. Heat oil in 8" or 9" frying pan. Add garlic, onions, and salt and saute on med-hi heat until onions are translucent, about 10 minutes. Dust onions with cumin and continue to cook stirring continuously, for another minute or two.
- 2. Stir in beer, brown sugar, pinto beans, tomatoes, adobo sauce, and soy sauce. Bring to boil then reduce heat and simmer gently, uncovered, for about 20 minutes to allow flavors to mingle and alcohol to mellow. Stir occasionally.