BLACK BOTTOM CUPCAKES
Black Bottom Cupcakes
- Cooking Time: 25
- Servings: 24
- Preparation Time: 35
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 ½ cups sugar
- 1 large egg
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 ¼ cups flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup plus 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 ½ teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 ½ teaspoons pure vanilla extract
Preheat the oven to 350°.
Line two 12- cup muffin pans with paper or foil baking cups.
Using an electric mixer, combine the cream cheese, 1 cups sugar and 1/8 teaspoon salt. Add the egg and mix well.
Fold in chocolate chips and set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, the remaining 1 ½ sugar, ¾ teaspoons salt, the baking soda and cocoa powder.
Add 1½ cups water, the oil, vinegar and vanilla and stir until smooth.
Fill each baking cup two-thirds full with the cake batter and top with 1 tablespoon of the cream cheese mixture.
Bake until the edges are firm to the touch, about 25 minutes.