- Cooking Time: 25
- Servings: 24
- Preparation Time: 35
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 ½ cups sugar
- 1 large egg
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 ¼ cups flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup plus 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 ½ teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 ½ teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Line two 12- cup muffin pans with paper or foil baking cups.
- Using an electric mixer, combine the cream cheese, 1 cups sugar and 1/8 teaspoon salt. Add the egg and mix well.
- Fold in chocolate chips and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, the remaining 1 ½ sugar, ¾ teaspoons salt, the baking soda and cocoa powder.
- Add 1½ cups water, the oil, vinegar and vanilla and stir until smooth.
- Fill each baking cup two-thirds full with the cake batter and top with 1 tablespoon of the cream cheese mixture.
- Bake until the edges are firm to the touch, about 25 minutes.
NotesI saw this recipe in the Everyday with Rachael Ray magazine and had to try it. They are so yummy and just melt in your mouth. Its a perfect blend of two wonderful things...cream cheese & chocolate.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Italy or Bust
The Best of GlutenFreeHappyTummy!
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and CakesSee More
Super-Simple Snickers Pies
Cilantro Pork Tamales
PUmpkin Carrot Swirl BarsSee More