- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 24
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup butter (no substitutes), softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 24 wooden craft or Popsicle sticks
- 48 candy corn candies
- 24 red-hot candies
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- Combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture.
- Roll dough into 1-1/2-in. balls.
- Place 3 in. apart on lightly greased baking sheets.
- Insert a wooden stick into each cookie.
- Flatten with a glass dipped in sugar.
- Pinch top of cookie to form ears.
- For whiskers, press a fork twice into each cookie.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 10-12 minutes or until cookies are set.
- Remove from the oven; immediately press on candy corn for eyes and red-hots for noses.
- Remove to wire racks to cool.
NotesThese are SO cute, easy and the kids love them. My 7 year old grandson and I made these last year and they were the hit of the school!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Breads and Pastry 101
Driscoll's Berry Desserts
MetroCooking DC 2013See More
Carmelized Banana Tart (Land O Lakes)
Betty Crocker Ooey Gooey Pumpkin Caramel Cupcakes
Chinese Chicken WingsSee More