- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 24
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup butter (no substitutes), softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 24 wooden craft or Popsicle sticks
- 48 candy corn candies
- 24 red-hot candies
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- Combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture.
- Roll dough into 1-1/2-in. balls.
- Place 3 in. apart on lightly greased baking sheets.
- Insert a wooden stick into each cookie.
- Flatten with a glass dipped in sugar.
- Pinch top of cookie to form ears.
- For whiskers, press a fork twice into each cookie.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 10-12 minutes or until cookies are set.
- Remove from the oven; immediately press on candy corn for eyes and red-hots for noses.
- Remove to wire racks to cool.
NotesThese are SO cute, easy and the kids love them. My 7 year old grandson and I made these last year and they were the hit of the school!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
The Secret Life of Bees: Cooking Your Way Through CollegeSee More
Ensalada Tibia con Nueces
Bibi's Cheese FlanSee More