- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2-3 black cod fillets (about 1lb)
- For the marinade:
- 1/4 C. sake
- 1/4 C. mirin
- 4 Tablespoons white miso paste
- 3 Tablespoons sugar
- 1. Mix the marinade ingredients together in a plastic/glass container with a lid and set aside. Save some for plating purposes.
- 2. Pat the fish fillets dry with paper towels and put them in the container with the marinade. Cover and leave in refrigerator overnight or for 24 hrs.
- 3. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- 4. Lightly wipe off excess miso mixture but don't rinse off. Fry fish in pan on both sides until a light brown color appears.
- 5. Transfer the fillets to a glass pan and bake in oven for 10-15 minutes.
- 6. Add a few drops of marinade to plates and serve hot.
Notessubmitted by Janie Gates
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Best of GlutenFreeHappyTummy!
Jean’s Recipe File
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy FoodSee More
Grandma Helen's Amazing Kolaches
Lemon Cucumber Tofu Salad
POTATO FRITTERSSee More