Black Cod with Miso (adapted from Nobu: the Cookbook)
Why I Love This Recipe
submitted by Janie Gates
Ingredients You'll Need
2-3 black cod fillets (about 1lb)
For the marinade:
1/4 C. sake
1/4 C. mirin
4 Tablespoons white miso paste
3 Tablespoons sugar
1. Mix the marinade ingredients together in a plastic/glass container with a lid and set aside. Save some for plating purposes.
2. Pat the fish fillets dry with paper towels and put them in the container with the marinade. Cover and leave in refrigerator overnight or for 24 hrs.
3. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
4. Lightly wipe off excess miso mixture but don't rinse off. Fry fish in pan on both sides until a light brown color appears.
5. Transfer the fillets to a glass pan and bake in oven for 10-15 minutes.
6. Add a few drops of marinade to plates and serve hot.
Questions, Comments & Reviews
More Great Recipes: Misc. One Dish