- Cooking Time: 10-20 minutes
- Servings: 12 regular or 24 mini
- Preparation Time: 15-20 minutes
- 1 c soymilk
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 vanilla bean
- 1 c flour
- 1/3 c dutch pressed cocoa
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp fine ground coffee
- Mocha Frosting
- 6 oz firm tofu (press out the water)
- 2 tbls soy milk
- 1 tablespoon agave
- 4 tsp espresso powder (or finely ground coffee grains)
- 2 tsp hazelnut liquer
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 6 oz semisweet chocolate
- 1. if you use real vanilla beans, simmer a bean in warm water and slice it open to scrape into the wet ingredients.
- 2. preheat the oven to 350F and spray your cupcake liners with oil. i use olive oil in an atomizer and you never notice the flavor.
- 3. use a mortar and pestle to get a finer texture for the coffee.
- 1. mix soy milk and vinegar. let it sit about 5 minutes to curdle.
- 2. mix sugar and the remaining wet ingredients with the soymilk and vinegar until they are slightly foamy.
- 3. sift the dry ingredients together in a separate bowl.
- 4. add the dry to the wet
- 5. mix til it's almost lump-fee. it doesn't have to be perfect.
- 6. spoon the batter into your liners til they are 2/3 to 3/4 full
- 7. bake. 10 minutes for minis, about 15 for regular cupcakes.
- 1. Crumblethe tofu into a blender. Add the soymilk, agave, espresso, liquer, and vanilla. Blend until smooth
- 2. Melt the chocolate in a double boiler, stirring constantly. Once melted, add it to the blender and blend.
- 4. Chill the mousse to firm (about one hour) and then let it set about 10 minutes before handling.
- 5. You can use a spatula or pipping bag to top the cupcakes. I like to garnish with a little cocoa powder.
NotesAfter a weekend in the woods, sometimes you need to warm up with a good cup(cake) of coffee.
KITCHEN CAUCUS Conservative Creations
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. Welch
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew JudsonSee More
Honey Pumpkin Pie
Angel Acres Old Fashioned Sugar Cookies
Blueberry Soda BreadSee More