Black Eyes of Texas Casserole - ground beef and Black Eye Peas
* 2 pounds ground beef
* 1 large white onion chopped
* 1 rib celery chopped
* 15 ounce can jalapeno black-eyed peas
* 1 can cream of chicken soup
* 1 can cream of mushroom soup
* 1 15 oz can hot or mild enchilada sauce
* 1 teaspoon garlic powder
* 10-1/2 ounce bag tortilla chips
* 3 cups grated cheese
1. Brown and drain meat.
2. Add onion, black-eyed peas, celery, soups, enchilada sauce and garlic then stir to blend.
3. Grease 1 large casserole dish.
4. Build up layers beginning with the chips then the meat and then the cheese.
5. Repeat process and bake at 450 for 35 minutes.
Pairs Well With
This recipe came from the Kraft Food Yahoo Email group. I have tried many many recipes and this recipe had such an odd combination of ingredients that I have never seen before. It was so delicious! I look forward to making it again!