BLACK FOREST BROWNIES
Black Forest Brownies
- 8 oz. good bittersweet chocolate
- 9 Tablespoons butter
- 3 Tablespoons heavy cream
- 3 extra-large eggs
- 1 cup plus 3 tablespoons superfine sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Kirsch or juice from cherries in jar
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 1/2 ox. good bittersweet chocolate, roughly chopped or 2/3 cup chocolate chips
- 1 16oz. can black cherries (6oz. drained weight)
- confectioners' sugar, for dusting
7" X 11" brownie pan, greased and bottom line
Preheat oven to 350 F.
Break up the 8oz. chocolate and put it into a heatproof bowl. Add the butter and cream and set it over a saucepan of steaming water. Melt gently, stirring frequently. Remove from the pan and let cool until needed.
Break eggs into mixing bowl with electric mixer and whisk just until frothy. Add sugar and Kirsch (if using) and whisk until thick and mousse-like. Whisk in the melted chocolate mixture.
Sift flour into mixture and stir in. When thoroughly combined stir in the chocolate pieces. Transfer the mixture into the prepared pan and spread evenly. Gently drop cherries onto the top of the brownie mixture as evenly as possible.
Bake in preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes until a skewer inserted comes out clean. Remove pan from oven.
Leave until cool before removing from pan and cutting into 24 pieces. Dusted with confectioners' sugar. Store in an airtight container and eat within 4 days.
These brownies are decadent, fudgy, and when you bite into the brownie and get a cherry with the fudgy chocolate...well it is just hard to describe in words. They would make a very romantic dessert with that special person or just sharing with family and friends.