- Cooking Time: 70 minutes
- Servings: 12-15
- Preparation Time:
- 1 (20 ounce) package Oreo cookies
- 1 tablespoon soft butter
- 1 pint small curd cottage cheese
- 2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 pint sour cream
- 1 (16-ounce) can cherry pie filling
- Process cookies (including filling) into fine crumbs. Butter sides and bottom of springform pan. Dust sides with cookie crumbs, then put 1 cup crumbs in bottom and spread for base.
- Process cottage cheese and cream cheese until smooth. Mix sugar and eggs in large mixer bowl; add cheese mixture, blending well. With mixer on low, add rest of ingredients except cherry pie filling, mixing until smooth. Pour half the batter into prepared pan; sprinkle with 1 cup crumbs. Using a spoon, dip out about half cherries out of pie filling and carefully place at random on top of crumbs. Carefully pour rest of batter on top; sprinkle remaining crumbs over all. Bake at 325 degrees for 70 minutes. Leave in turned-off oven to cool for 2 hours. Do not disturb! Before serving, decorate top with remaining cherry pie filling.
NotesO-M-G!!!...This a tried and true recipe. I got this recipe from the book Recipe Hall of Fame Dessert Cookbook which I highly recommend. The book does not have any pictures but I just knew I had to make this cheesecake after reading the original recipe comment (see below) and by all the listed ingredients. All I have to say is WOW!!! Just follow the recipe and prepare to impress, impress, impress!! It looks sooooo FANCY and the taste is AMAZING!!!.
Original Recipe Comment: This recipe won a Grand Prize at a local contest. The judges comment unanimously was, “You must try it to believe it! ”