- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 8-10
- Preparation Time:
- 1 (21-oz) can cherry pie filling
- 1 (8 1/4-oz.) can crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate morsels
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 (18,25-oz.) package devil's food cake mix
- 1/2 cup butter
- Ice cream or whipped cream
- Layer cherry pie filling, crushed pineapple, slivered almonds, chocolate morsels and flaked coconut in lightly greased 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- Sprinkle cake mix over layers and dot evenly with butter.
- Bake at 350° for 45 to 50 minutes or until golden and bubbly.
- Serve with ice cream or whipped cream.
NotesAfter a helping of this warm dessert with a bit of chocolate ice cream and a dollop of whipped cream, DH said, and I quote, "THAT was SINFUL!! Can I have more?"
I found this over on the TOH Board not long ago poste by nsbffm. It's definitely destined for many repeat appearances around here!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cooking with THE HOLMES SISTERS Volume 1 "As seen on 3ABN"
Driscoll's Berry DessertsSee More
Peking Style Smoked Chicken
Quick and Spicy Tomato Soup
Grilled London BroilSee More