- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 8-10
- Preparation Time:
- 1 (21-oz) can cherry pie filling
- 1 (8 1/4-oz.) can crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate morsels
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 (18,25-oz.) package devil's food cake mix
- 1/2 cup butter
- Ice cream or whipped cream
- Layer cherry pie filling, crushed pineapple, slivered almonds, chocolate morsels and flaked coconut in lightly greased 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- Sprinkle cake mix over layers and dot evenly with butter.
- Bake at 350° for 45 to 50 minutes or until golden and bubbly.
- Serve with ice cream or whipped cream.
NotesAfter a helping of this warm dessert with a bit of chocolate ice cream and a dollop of whipped cream, DH said, and I quote, "THAT was SINFUL!! Can I have more?"
I found this over on the TOH Board not long ago poste by nsbffm. It's definitely destined for many repeat appearances around here!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy Food
"Appreciation" The Complimentary "Clean Eats" Vol.3
"Pretty Food" for the home ChefSee More
Cancun Grilled Chicken Tacos with Citrus Chile Marinade
Perfect baked potatoSee More