- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 (about 8 oz.) skinless and boneless chicken breast, cut into thin strips
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into thin strips (I used red)
- 1 large zucchini, cut into chunks (my addition)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce (use 1 tablespoon to marinate the chicken)
- 1 teaspoon freshly milled black pepper (I used 2)
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1/4 teaspoon Maggi seasoning (found in the Asian section of the grocery store, sold in a bottle)
- Marinate the chicken strips with 1 tablespoon of soy sauce for 10 minutes.
- Heat up a wok and add cooking oil. When the cooking oil is hot, add the sliced onions and quickly stir-fry until aromatic and follow by the bell pepper and black pepper. Stir-fry for 1 minute and add in the chicken strips. Continue to stir-fry until the chicken is cooked. Add in soy sauce, Maggi sauce, sugar, and continue to stir-fry until the onions are caramelized. Dish out and serve hot.
NotesPhoto by me! This dish is delicious. One thing I will do next time is double the sauce ingredients. I love cooking in my wok and this recipe is perfect for the wok! I served this over white rice and added some garlic salt to the wok before serving. Recipe from Rasa Malaysia blog!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Driscoll's Berry Desserts
The Real Deal Apple Recipes.See More
GLUTEN-FREE FLOUR BLEND
Peanut Butter Cups
White Chocolate and Cranberry CookiesSee More