- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 (about 8 oz.) skinless and boneless chicken breast, cut into thin strips
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into thin strips (I used red)
- 1 large zucchini, cut into chunks (my addition)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce (use 1 tablespoon to marinate the chicken)
- 1 teaspoon freshly milled black pepper (I used 2)
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1/4 teaspoon Maggi seasoning (found in the Asian section of the grocery store, sold in a bottle)
- Marinate the chicken strips with 1 tablespoon of soy sauce for 10 minutes.
- Heat up a wok and add cooking oil. When the cooking oil is hot, add the sliced onions and quickly stir-fry until aromatic and follow by the bell pepper and black pepper. Stir-fry for 1 minute and add in the chicken strips. Continue to stir-fry until the chicken is cooked. Add in soy sauce, Maggi sauce, sugar, and continue to stir-fry until the onions are caramelized. Dish out and serve hot.
NotesPhoto by me! This dish is delicious. One thing I will do next time is double the sauce ingredients. I love cooking in my wok and this recipe is perfect for the wok! I served this over white rice and added some garlic salt to the wok before serving. Recipe from Rasa Malaysia blog!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.
Angel Acres Thanksgiving Dinner Cookbook!See More
Steamed trout with ginger and spring onions
Buttery Pull-Apart Bread
Ham & Cheese Roll UpsSee More