- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3/4C Buttermilk
- 1/2C 1% milk
- 2/3C flour
- 1/3C sugar (could use splenda)
- 2tsp vanilla
- 1/8tsp salt
- 3 servings of egg subsitute or 3 eggs
- 8 servings fat free whipped topping
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 and 1/2 C fruit of choice, can use fresh or frozen, just make sure to thaw them in advance (pictured with blackberries)
- Preheat oven to 350
- Spray a pie pan (I use glass) with butter flavored cooking spray. Place berries in bottom of pan, set aside. Combine sugar, flour, nutmeg and salt in medium bowl. Pour in milk and stir, add in egg substitute and vanilla. Wisk until completely smooth, will be a little foamy.
- Pour over berries in pie pan. Bake 45-50 min or until knife inserted off center comes out clean. Will seem a little loose in the center, but it should firm up upon setting.
- Let cool until room temperature. Serve immediately or cover and refridgerate until ready to serve. Cut into 8 slices and serve each with a dallop of whipped cream.
- I just have to rave about how much creamier the buttermilk made this dish. I didnt replace all of the milk with buttermilk, as I didnt want it to be too tart or tangy.
NotesThis is a modified version of recipe I found on the WW website. The original called for whole pit cherries and skim milk with three eggs and 6 servings. Iv'e used egg substitute, part buttermilk and 1% milk, which greatly enhanced the custard like nature of this dish. You can use almost any fruit you desire!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cooking with THE HOLMES SISTERS Volume 1 "As seen on 3ABN"
The Best of Brock: Celebrating 85 Years of Cooking
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite RecipesSee More
Cocktail (The V)
Angel Acres Feel Better Chicken Noodle Soup
Twisted Shirley TempleSee More