- Cooking Time: 10 - 12
- Preparation Time: 10 - 15
BackstoryAnother recipe from my great-grandfather. I cannot recall him making them in my lifetime though. Due to the ounce measurements, I am sure he got this recipe out of a cookbook somewhere, but it is not in any of the books i inherited from him. I haven't made them yet, but when I do, I'll be better able to describe them for you.
Again, I always use Royal Vanilla and real unsalted butter in my recipes. This is a tradition started by my great-grandfather and I feel as though using them makes it taste all the better.
- 9 oz powdered sugar
- 18 oz butter
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 25 oz flour
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 3.5 oz cocoa
- 4 oz preserves
- 1 cup tempered dark chocolate
- chocolate shot
- blanched almond halves
- Mix sugar, butter, eggs, and vanilla by hand.
- Sift dry ingredients. Fold into butter mixture. Be careful not to work dough too much.
- Chill for 30 minutes. Roll out to 1/8" thickness, cut out small star shapes.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes @ 350ºF. Cool on wire racks.
- Place preserve mound on one cookie and top with another. Dip tips into melted chocolate then in chocolate shot. Pipe mound of chocolate in center, top with almond half.