- Cooking Time: 10 - 12
- Preparation Time: 10 - 15
- 9 oz powdered sugar
- 18 oz butter
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 25 oz flour
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 3.5 oz cocoa
- 4 oz preserves
- 1 cup tempered dark chocolate
- chocolate shot
- blanched almond halves
- Mix sugar, butter, eggs, and vanilla by hand.
- Sift dry ingredients. Fold into butter mixture. Be careful not to work dough too much.
- Chill for 30 minutes. Roll out to 1/8" thickness, cut out small star shapes.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes @ 350ºF. Cool on wire racks.
- Place preserve mound on one cookie and top with another. Dip tips into melted chocolate then in chocolate shot. Pipe mound of chocolate in center, top with almond half.
NotesAnother recipe from my great-grandfather. I cannot recall him making them in my lifetime though. Due to the ounce measurements, I am sure he got this recipe out of a cookbook somewhere, but it is not in any of the books i inherited from him. I haven't made them yet, but when I do, I'll be better able to describe them for you.
Again, I always use Royal Vanilla and real unsalted butter in my recipes. This is a tradition started by my great-grandfather and I feel as though using them makes it taste all the better.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The One Dollar Cookbook
Julie Tries ... Her Friends' Recipes
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake RecipeSee More
Tabouleh (Cracked Wheat/Cucumber Salad)
Annie's Strawberry Dessert
Old Fashioned GingerbreadSee More