- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 2
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryJust lovely, creamy and smooth.
- 100 g white chocolate
- 80 g dark chocolate (at least 60% cocoa)
- 1 dl heavy cream (divided)
- 1/2 small cup strong coffee (espresso or moka)
- 2 egg yolks
- For the white mousse:
- Chop or grate the white chocolate and put it in a small mixing bowl. Warm up half of the heavy cream (50 ml) and pour it over the chocolate. Stir or whisk until the chocolate’s melted and becomes smooth. Let it cool at room temperature and then pour about 2/3 into 2 small glasses forming a 2 cm layer in each. Put the covered glasses into fridge for 2 hours.
- For the dark mousse:
- Chop the dark chocolate and melt it in the microwave oven or in a double boiler, add the coffee and the egg yolks, one at a time, whisking until the mixture is smooth and homogeneous.
- Whip the remaining 50 ml of cream until firm and stir it delicately into chocolate mixture.
- Pour the dark mixture into glasses over the white mousse and let cool again. It should take less then the first part.
- Complete the glasses with the remaining white mousse, and keep in the fridge until about 30 minutes before serving it.