- Cooking Time: 25
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time:
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 1/2 cups cake flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Line 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners.
- Whisk eggs, vanilla, and lemon peel in medium bowl to blend.
- Mix cake flour, baking powder, and salt in another medium bowl.
- Using electric mixer, beat sugar and butter in large bowl until well blended, stopping occasionally to scrape down sides of bowl. Gradually beat in egg mixture.
- Beat in dry ingredients alternately with buttermilk in 2 additions each.
- Divide batter among cups.
- Bake until tester inserted into centers comes out clean, about 25 minutes.
- Cool cupcakes in pan on rack 5 minutes.
- Remove cupcakes from pan and cool completely.