- Cooking Time: 40-45
- Preparation Time:
- 40 vanilla wafers, crushed
- 6 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup cottage cheese, creamed
- 1/4 cup cherry brandy
- 3 eggs
- 3 1/2 cups fresh blackberries
- 1 Tablespoon cherry brandy
- 1 Tablespoon white sugar
- Preheat your oven to 375 F.
- In a medium bowl- stir together vanilla wafer crumbs and butter. Press the mixture into the bottom and 1 3/4 inch up the sides of an 8 inch springform pan. Set aside.
- In a large bowl- stir together cream cheese, 3/4 cup sugar, flour, and vanilla. Beat with an electric mixer on low speed until smooth. Set aside.
- Place cottage cheese in a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth.
- Stir into cream cheese mixture.
- Stir in the 1/4 cup cherry brandy.
- Beat in eggs on low speed just till combined.
- Pour half of the cheese mixture into the crust-lined pan.
- Spread 1 cup of the fruit on top. Top with remaining cheese mixture and 1/2 cup of the fruit.
- Place in a shallow baking pan in the preheated oven.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or till center appears nearly set when shaken.
- Cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Loosen sides. Cool completely on wire rack.
- Cover and chill for at least 4 hours, or until ready to serve.
- For topping, in a medium bowl combine remaining 2 cups fruit, 1 tablespoon cherry brandy, and 1 tablespoon sugar.
- Cover and chill for up to 2 hours.
- To serve, cut cheesecake into wedges. Top each serving with fruit topping.
NotesPickn' blackberries, I remember well. Thorns & snakes!! We always had a snake dog , they saves us many a time. But , oh my, the berries was well worth the trouble. In jams & cakes, or just by themselfs on fresh out of the oven biscuits. We'd eat as many as we put in our buckets.
And of course the 4th of July blackberry cobbler.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cooking with Sabra
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can Enjoy
Salmon & Spinach Pesto Pasta
Antipasto for Kids (Gluten-Free)See More