- Cooking Time: 55
- Servings: 8-10
- Preparation Time: 40
- 5 cups fresh or frozen (thawed and drained) blackberries (do not use blueberries)
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cup milk
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 stick Butter
- In medium bowl, stir together blackberries and sugar. Let stand about 20 minutes or until fruit syrup forms.
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- In large bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, salt and milk.
- Stir in melted butter until blended.
- Spread in ungreased 9"x11" pan.
- Spoon blackberry mixture over batter.
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup of sugar all over this.
- Cut butter in little pats, dot on top of sugar.
- Bake 45 to 55 minutes or until dough rises and is golden.
- Serve warm with cream or can serve over ice cream.
NotesA 4th of July dish every year for us. I can remember the first one I made. We picked the berries, we made dough, rolled it out, & used cookie cutters to cut out stares for the top crust. I was 8. And so proud to show off my cobbler for the family reunion.
This recipe is faster & easier than the one I made many centuries ago. But just as good.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie Treats
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
Favourites from Ana's Romanian KitchenSee More
Steak with red onion relish
Merry Christmas CookiesSee More