- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 10 oz fresh blackberries
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 stick softened butter
- 8 oz softened cream cheese
- 1 Cup sugar
- 1 Tablespoon orange zest
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 Cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 Cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 Cup heavy cream
- Heaping 1/4 Cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place blackberries and sugar in a large bowl. Stir to combine so that berries are coated in sugar. Set aside.
- In a stand or electric mixer cream the butter, cream cheese, sugar and orange zest until well combined. Slowly beat in the eggs and vanilla until combined.
- Place the flour, wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt into a large bowl. With mixer on low, add half the flour, then half cream, then remaining flour, then remaining cream until just combined.
- Fill 6 extra large muffins tins or 24 regular size tins with muffin batter, about ¾ full, that has been greased or sprayed with cooking spray. Press 3-4 berries into tops of each unbaked muffin, Reserve any berry juice in bowl for drizzle. Bake for 23-28 minutes or until golden brown on top and cooked through. Remove and let cool.
- In the same bowl as berries were in, place powdered sugar and milk. Whisk until smooth and drizzling consistency; should be a light pink color from the berry juice. Drizzle over top muffins and enjoy!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Favourites from Ana's Romanian Kitchen
My Family CookbookSee More
Calzone de Gen aux épinards (ou bette à carde/chou frisé)
Chocolate Drizzled Lemon and Almond BiscottiSee More