- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- * 3 cups sifted flour
- * 1 teaspoon soda
- * 1/4 teaspoon salt
- * 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- * 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- * 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- * 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- * 1 cup chopped pecans
- * 1 cup raisins or chopped dates, optional
- * 1 cup butter
- * 1 1/2 cups sugar
- * 3 eggs, beaten
- * 1 cup blackberry jam
- * 1 cup buttermilk
- Into a medium bowl, sift together flour, soda, salt, and spices.
- Sift a little of the flour mixture over the nuts and raisins or dates.
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter; gradually add sugar and beat until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs and blackberry jam.
- Add flour mixture alternately with buttermilk.
- Beat until smooth after each addition.
- Fold in nuts and raisins or dates.
- Pour into three 9-inch layer cake pans and bake at 350° for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Spread a buttercream or cream cheese icing between layers and over cake
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.See More
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies
Peanut Butter Chocolate and Banana Chip Cookies
NO-BAKE CHEESECAKE PETIT FOURSSee More