- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- * 3 cups sifted flour
- * 1 teaspoon soda
- * 1/4 teaspoon salt
- * 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- * 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- * 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- * 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- * 1 cup chopped pecans
- * 1 cup raisins or chopped dates, optional
- * 1 cup butter
- * 1 1/2 cups sugar
- * 3 eggs, beaten
- * 1 cup blackberry jam
- * 1 cup buttermilk
- Into a medium bowl, sift together flour, soda, salt, and spices.
- Sift a little of the flour mixture over the nuts and raisins or dates.
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter; gradually add sugar and beat until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs and blackberry jam.
- Add flour mixture alternately with buttermilk.
- Beat until smooth after each addition.
- Fold in nuts and raisins or dates.
- Pour into three 9-inch layer cake pans and bake at 350° for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Spread a buttercream or cream cheese icing between layers and over cake
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for Lunch
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or PartySee More
Chinese New Years Sticky Rice Cake
Mushroom Barley Soup
Billy's Vanilla, Vanilla CupcakesSee More