- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- * 3 cups sifted flour
- * 1 teaspoon soda
- * 1/4 teaspoon salt
- * 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- * 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- * 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- * 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- * 1 cup chopped pecans
- * 1 cup raisins or chopped dates, optional
- * 1 cup butter
- * 1 1/2 cups sugar
- * 3 eggs, beaten
- * 1 cup blackberry jam
- * 1 cup buttermilk
- Into a medium bowl, sift together flour, soda, salt, and spices.
- Sift a little of the flour mixture over the nuts and raisins or dates.
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter; gradually add sugar and beat until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs and blackberry jam.
- Add flour mixture alternately with buttermilk.
- Beat until smooth after each addition.
- Fold in nuts and raisins or dates.
- Pour into three 9-inch layer cake pans and bake at 350° for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Spread a buttercream or cream cheese icing between layers and over cake
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
From Granny's Kitchen...With Love!
Driscoll's Berry Desserts
Brownies: Baking Outside the BoxSee More
Smooth Tomato & Creamy Tofu Sauce