Blackberry Lemon Mini-Bundt Cakes
Why I Love This Recipe
Are you looking for the perfect homemade gift? Mini bundt cakes make a great hostess gift and are also a real crowd pleaser at summer luncheons or baby showers. A one bowl recipe, mini bundt cakes are practically foolproof and so quick and easy to make. You can have them in the oven in 15 minutes and out in 20 minutes more, giving you plenty of time to attend to other details of the party.
Moist, light and delicately scented with berries and lemon zest, these bundt cakes will make your guests think you've slaved in the kitchen for hours! Decorate individual cakes with whole berries and lemon rind curls for an elegant touch. Enjoy!
Ingredients You'll Need
1/2 cup salted butter, room temperature
1 cup white sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups unbleached flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon kosher salt
2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
3/4 cup plus 2 Tablespoons milk
1 Tablespoon grated lemon zest
1 cup fresh blackberries, slightly crushed
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Butter and flour bundt cake pan or use "Bakers Joy" non-stick spray. (see Amazon capsule above)
2. Combine lemon juice and milk. Set aside.
3. In a medium mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugar with a hand mixer or stand mixer.
4. Add eggs & vanilla and beat until well combined.
5. Add dry ingredients and mix well.
6. Pour sour milk into batter and sprinkle with lemon zest. Mix well for a smooth batter.
7. Crush fresh berries and add to batter, reserving any juice.
8. Carefully fold berries into batter.
9. Spoon batter into bundt cake molds.
10. Bake at 350 Fahrenheit for 20 minutes, or until toothpick tests clean.
11. Cool cakes in pan for 15 minutes.
12. Invert cakes onto a cooling rack.
13. Allow cakes to cool completely before glazing.
Questions, Comments & Reviews
More Great Recipes: Cake