- Cooking Time: 18-20 minutes
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blackberries
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 (6 oz) container lemon Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated lemon peel
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.; line a 12 cup muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, 1/2 cup sugar, baking powder, and salt; fold in the blackberries and set aside.
- Combine the egg, yogurt, buttermilk, lemon peel in a microwave safe bowl or measuring cup. Microwave for 20-30 seconds, until just warmed to room temperature. Stir in the melted butter.
- Add the liquid mixture to the dry and gently mix together until just blended, being careful not to over mix. Spoon the batter into the muffin cups and sprinkle the remaining sugar over the tops.
- Bake muffins for 18-20 minutes, or until the tops spring back when lightly touched. Cool for 10 minutes before serving.
NotesWhat can I say? I'm on a muffin binge. These Blackberry muffins are full of lemon flavor. The yogurt and buttermilk gives them wonderful texture. These might be my favorite muffins so far!