- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- Cake Batter:
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 6 medium sized peaches, peeled, stoned and cut into 3/4" chunks
- 2 pints of fresh blackberries, washed
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 3 lbs. softened (room temperature) cream cheese
- 2 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 4 each large eggs
- Preheat oven to 250° F.
- Melt 2 Tbsp. of butter in a large sauté pan
- When the butter is hot...add the peach chunks and cook until hot...add the brown sugar and cook until the sugar is melted and the sauce is bubbling.
- Remove half of the peaches and all but 2 - 3 Tbsp. of the sauce, purée until smooth.
- Add the blackberries to the pan and cook until the berries just begin to break down.
- Remove from the heat and cool.
- Place the cream cheese (it is very important that the cream cheese is at room temperature), vanilla, lemon juice and sugar into a large bowl and mix well until the cream cheese is smooth.
- Add the eggs and beat until the eggs are incorporated and a creamy consistency is achieved (do not over beat...this will cause the cake to be tough).
- Add the puréed peaches to the batter and mix until fully incorporated.
- Fold in the remaining chunks of peaches and blackberries (once again...do not over mix this...you want some of the berries to be whole).
- Pour the batter into the pan with the crust and smooth the top with a spatula.
- Tap the cake on a counter top to remove any air bubbles in the cake.
- Wrap the cake pan in foil and place the cake into a large roasting pan and then into a preheated 250° oven.
- Pour very hot water into the roasting pan about half way up the cake pan.
- Bake for approx. two hours. Turn the oven off and open the door for one minute.
- Close the door and leave the cheesecake in the oven until the oven is cool.
- Place in the refrigerator and allow to cool over night (or at least four hours).
- When cool, slide a knife around the sides of the pan before you release the spring.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Italian Exchange
Gluten-Free and Delicious
Eco-Chefs Kids Culinary CookbookSee More
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cheesecake
The Best Baked Potato SoupSee More